Is your photography business prepared for the unexpected?
Your business took a lot of time and money to build. Don’t let it go down the drain without a fight.
If you want to make sure your photography business sticks around through the unexpected, you need to do a little work on the back-end NOW—before anything happens that causes you to come to a full stop. Because prevention is easier than putting out fires.
It’s time to prepare for the worst, so your business can run at its best.
- Family emergencies
- Medical crises
- Unexpected deaths
- Leaves of absence
- Natural disasters
They can all affect your livelihood—and the livelihood of your family too. If your source of income stops, that’s less money on the table and more stress at home. And those unedited sessions and client inquiries in your inbox will go unanswered, too, if an emergency arises and nobody knows how to access them.
Or what if you simply want to be able to sell the photography business someday or hand it over to an assistant or spouse? Wouldn’t it be better if you had the systems in place so you didn’t have to manage the business AND the transition simultaneously?
A clear, step-by-step plan to follow can protect your business in the event that you can’t be there to run it yourself.
Introducing The Oh Snap! Toolkit, your everything-in-one-place resource for covering your photography business’s assets.
Keep reading if you want to:
- Have total confidence that your photography business’s back is being watched at all times.
- Feel secure that all your ducks are in a row—no second guessing or stone left unturned when it comes to insurance, your equipment, your files ,or your equity.
- Not have to start again from scratch in the case of a major blip on your business’s radar.
New beginnings are great, but not when they come at the cost of everything you’ve built so far. You don’t want to lose out on what you’ve created because you didn’t have the structures in place to keep it going.
With your business tool kit, I feel secure knowing that my family is protected and you have taken this time-consuming task off of my long list of things to do. You ROCK! – Danielle H.
Your list of clients, your intellectual property, your photography equipment, your office, and your income are all at risk unless you safeguard them against it.
I’m Rachel Brenke, and I’m a photographer second and a mom first. When my children need me, the last thing I want to think about is who is going to take care of my photography business. I’ve also experienced cancer first hand and can tell you that medical crises will always take priority over anything else.
I’ve taken my knowledge as a lawyer, photography studio owner, wife, mother and author of 4 published books on the subject, and packaged them together in one grab-and-go support system you can use to protect your business under any circumstances. The Oh Snap! Toolkit contains the exact checklists, tools, and strategies I use to cover my own $500,000 a year photography business. I trust what’s in here because it came from my own experience.
I recognize that we don’t know what we don’t know, and when it comes to insulating your small business against big disasters, there’s a ton to know.
For example, if you go on vacation, can your family handle the reigns? Who gets future income from your business if you and your spouse divorce? What happens if the space storing your equipment floods? Is there anything you need to watch out for when hiring a family member to be part of your business?
There’s a lot of ground to cover if you want to learn the ins-and-outs of keeping your photography business safe, but it’s scattered in various articles and websites.
What’s more? You don’t want to be Googling in the aftermath if something goes wrong—you’d rather have it go right in the first place.
In the Oh Snap! Toolkit, you get it all in one place, and you’ll be able to implement it immediately.
You’ll learn how to:
- Back up all of your information in a way that’s safe and sound
- The best insurance coverage for your equipment
- What to do in case of an emergency
- How to hire your spouse as an employee or business partner
- Sell or dissolve your business
- How to keep disability from interfering with your business
- Which systems you need to put in place to make splitting up assets in case of a divorce easier
- The basic list of protections every photographer needs
This is the foundation for your business’s future.
What’s included in the Oh Snap! Toolkit:
- A 22-page packet of fillable PDF worksheets, so you can keep all of the information you need at your fingertips
- 30 pages of legal must-knows about starting a company, protecting your business’s rights during a marriage, including your spouse in your business, how to handle death and divorce, the right way to manage disability, buying and selling your business, declaring bankruptcy, safeguarding against natural disasters, and closing your doors
- A little black book for the contact information of your CPA, lawyer, landlord, insurance company and repair people
- An expense tracker
- An itemized list of your labs, passwords and logins
- A place to store your bank account information should it be necessary in an emergency
- A log for your social media accounts and passwords
- Your payment, gallery and cloud back-up services list
- Any recurring investments your family can expect
Disaster has nothing on you now.