This lawyer-drafted, birth-photographer approved contract is for use between a primary birth photographer and a back-up birth photographer.
This document protects the relationship and outlines expectations to the birth photographer should the back-up need to cover the birth event.
The contract maintains the integrity of the primary as the party to the contract with the birth client and is merely allowing the back-up to step in as a substitute photographer.
This purchase includes the following provisions:
- Definition of assignment
- Position as independent contractor
- Duration of assignment
- Payment/Compensation (services, mileage, etc.)
- Use of equipment (options to select whether primary will provide the equipment or if the secondary should provide their own)
- Delivery of images (timeline, method, etc.)
- On-Call and Notification
- Copyrights & Reproduction Rights (options to select whether primary allows use of images or not, including retaining copyright of images by primary photographer)
- Confidentiality of primary photographer business information (including but not limited to private client information)
- Liability indemnification
- Restricting assignment of duties
- Cancellation of agreement
- and other legal miscellany!
These fully editable templates also include a “How To” Guide for you to understand the contract and explain to your clients!
The complexities surrounding birth photography are intimidating! Unpredictable circumstances can make it impossible for you to attend the birth. While unlikely, illness and emergencies make having a backup birth photographer non-negotiable.
That’s why we created an affordable backup photographer contract tailored to photographers just like you. Our team of lawyers and photographers at TheLawTog® develop, review, and approve every contract.
2. Download to your computer (not phone or tablet) and back up your new contract templates. Files come as .doc and can be opened in Word, Notepad, etc.
3. Fill-in-the-blanks and edit to your business policies and local laws
4. Copy and paste into any contract signing system OR simply print!
As a team of lawyers and photographers, we know what it's like.
And we don't want fear of the unknown keeping you up at night.
That's why we offer affordable photographer contracts tailored to professionals just like you. Our team of lawyers and photographers at TheLawTog® develop, review, and approve every contract.
We think this is a pretty awesome combo—legal expertise and photographer know-how.
If you're afraid of client disputes and potential liability, you're not alone. Business conflict is time-consuming, expensive, and harmful. Which makes it essential to protect your work.
Protecting your business with clear and comprehensive contracts is non-negotiable. Whether you're starting out, shooting for free, or an experienced professional, legal protection is extremely important.
Every contract template we provide is easy to edit and should be tailored to reflect business policies and laws in your state.
While you can obtain a contract through a non-photographer lawyer, it may not be the best choice. Since our templates were created by—and for—photographers, they are typically more comprehensive. And cool news, they can save you money.
Lawyer-drafted. Photographer approved.
No recurring fees - just one time payment.
While TheLawTog is run by a lawyer, it is not a law firm and provides no legal services. All templates, courses and products are educational content only. Use of this website does not create a lawyer/client relationship.
All contracts are drafted on general contract principles for the United States of America. These contracts go through a multi-level review process with attorneys and photographers.
Each contract has fill-in-the-blank sections and allows for editing to suit your business policies + local state laws.