Could you be in danger of losing it all?
Death. Divorce. Disability. Dissolution.
Introducing The Oh Snap! Toolkit, your everything-in-one-place resource for covering your photography business’s assets.
Scroll down for more information!
You are in danger of losing it all.
You work extremely hard to build your business—late nights, weekend shoots, and time away from your family. But it only takes an instant for something to go wrong. From natural disasters to medical emergencies, an unexpected event can quickly destroy everything you've worked for.
Even if you know the ins and outs of running your business, you still need to prepare for the unknowns. Without a safety net, your business can collapse, resulting in less money, more stress, an overflowing inbox, unhappy clients, and unpaid bills.
You need to prepare for the worst, so your business can run at its best. But how?
Previously, if you wanted a detailed understanding of how to protect your photography business, the information was scattered across thousands of articles and websites.
That's why we created the affordable Oh Snap! Toolkit tailored to photographers just like you. Our team of lawyers and photographers at TheLawTog® developed, reviewed, and approved this all-in-one resource to help cover your photography business's assets.
We think this is a pretty awesome combo—legal expertise and photographer know-how. This lawyer-drafted, photographer-approved resource contains checklists, tools, and strategies to keep your photography business safe.
Stop worrying about your business. Take a vacation. Let an assistant hold down the fort. And leave no stone unturned when it comes to your intellectual property, insurance, equipment, office, files, income, and equity.
With this kit, you'll learn how to:
- Safely back up your information
- Protect your equipment with the best insurance coverage
- Move forward in case of an emergency
- Hire your spouse as an employee or business partner
- Sell or dissolve your business
- Prevent disability from interfering with your business
- Split up assets in case of a divorce
This kit compiles the following information:
- Business name
- EIN/TAX ID
- Sales Tax ID
- Business structure and related documents
- Business address and phone number
- Website (including Cpanel and admin access)
- Social media platform logins
- Insurance policy numbers, deductible, and coverage
- Landlord and realtor contact information
- Professional Services (lawyer, CPA, financial advisor) contact information, payment schedule
- Business property list, computer equipment, and regular equipment (items, serial numbers, value per unit, replacement cost, last date of repair or servicing)
- Lab/Product List (category, description, quantity, last date used, units remaining)
- Overhead expenses
- Passwords and logins as needed
- Bank account information (account numbers, routing information, minimum amount required, card numbers, deposit information, etc.)
- Credit card information (account numbers, etc.)
- Payment services (username, password, accounting level, payment amount, date of payment, credentials, API keys)
- Investments (recurring transfers, funding accounts, amount, funding date)
What's included in the Oh Snap! Toolkit:
- 23-page packet of fillable PDF worksheets
- Over 50 pages of legal must-knows about starting a company, protecting your business rights during a marriage, hiring your spouse, handling death and divorce, managing disability, buying and selling your business, declaring bankruptcy, safeguarding against natural disasters, and closing your doors
- Little black book for contact information (CPA, lawyer, landlord, insurance etc.)
- Expense tracker
- Itemized list of labs, passwords, and logins
- Place to store bank account information
- Log for social media accounts and passwords
- Payment, gallery, and cloud back-up services list
- Recurring investments your family can expect
- Basic list of protections
This is the foundation for your business's future. Not only does the Oh Snap! Toolkit provide legal protection, it positions you as a credible business owner.
As an affordable way to protect your business, this lawyer-drafted, photographer-approved toolkit is a must-have investment for your long-term success.
2. Download to your computer (not phone or tablet) and back up your new contract templates. Files come as .doc and can be opened in Word, Notepad, etc.
3. Fill-in-the-blanks and edit to your business policies and local laws
4. Copy and paste into any contract signing system OR simply print!
As a team of lawyers and photographers, we know what it's like.
And we don't want fear of the unknown keeping you up at night.
That's why we offer affordable photographer contracts tailored to professionals just like you. Our team of lawyers and photographers at TheLawTog® develop, review, and approve every contract.
We think this is a pretty awesome combo—legal expertise and photographer know-how.
If you're afraid of client disputes and potential liability, you're not alone. Business conflict is time-consuming, expensive, and harmful. Which makes it essential to protect your work.
Protecting your business with clear and comprehensive contracts is non-negotiable. Whether you're starting out, shooting for free, or an experienced professional, legal protection is extremely important.
Every contract template we provide is easy to edit and should be tailored to reflect business policies and laws in your state.
While you can obtain a contract through a non-photographer lawyer, it may not be the best choice. Since our templates were created by—and for—photographers, they are typically more comprehensive. And cool news, they can save you money.
Lawyer-drafted. Photographer approved.
No recurring fees - just one time payment.
While TheLawTog is run by a lawyer, it is not a law firm and provides no legal services. All templates, courses and products are educational content only. Use of this website does not create a lawyer/client relationship.
All contracts are drafted on general contract principles for the United States of America. These contracts go through a multi-level review process with attorneys and photographers.
Each contract has fill-in-the-blank sections and allows for editing to suit your business policies + local state laws.