In-Person Sales Contracts For Protection
Whether you’re doing in-person sales, online virtual sales session or simply an online gallery – I’m sure you want to protect the sale (and that moneyyyyy!!)
The goals of having different sales contracts in place are to
- set expectations with client
- inform client of all obligations
- protect the sale from buyers remorse, etc.
- legal relationship created if need to enforce
It is recommended to use some or all of the following documents:
- Payment plan contract – for products purchased on payment plan at sales session (not covered by original booking/services contract)
- Product delivery acknowledgement – used at delivery to prevent clients from making claims as to not receiving products and/or quality of products
- Invoice form – to outline all identified products, amount and specifics
- Credit card authorization – permission by client for you to run their credit card for a specific amount- important to safeguard against chargebacks
The sales portion of the relationship is often not governed by your booking/services contract, so make sure you take some time to integrate the proper legal documents you need.
Stay protected + profitable,
p.s. We have all these docs in our Sales Bundle here