Whether as your main focus or as a cross-sell, commercial photography (such as headshots, product and marketing photographs) is a wonderful revenue stream for your photography business. In this multi-video course from TheLawTog, you’ll be walked through the steps to effectively implement commercial photography services and understand the legalities needs to be successful.
Video topics include:
- Commercial v portrait - how to properly define each specific type to ensure you’re managing the relationship properly
- Copyright and licensing - learn the ins and outs of copyright legalities and the breadth of protections needed
- Licensing galore - understand the breadth of options for licensing and how to manage expectations with client
- Legal 411 - outline of needed legal documents and liability protection measures
- Legal best practices - learn step-by-step to spot potential legal issues and policies to implement to help prevent issues
- Cross-marketing- how to effectively cross-market between personal portraiture and commercial photography
- And more!
Note: This course is an on-demand video course loaded into your TheLawTog portal account. No contracts or licenses are included in this course as it is educational only.
2. Download to your computer (not phone or tablet) and back up your new contract templates. Files come as .doc and can be opened in Word, Notepad, etc.
3. Fill-in-the-blanks and edit to your business policies and local laws
4. Copy and paste into any contract signing system OR simply print!
As a team of lawyers and photographers, we know what it's like.
And we don't want fear of the unknown keeping you up at night.
That's why we offer affordable photographer contracts tailored to professionals just like you. Our team of lawyers and photographers at TheLawTog® develop, review, and approve every contract.
We think this is a pretty awesome combo—legal expertise and photographer know-how.
If you're afraid of client disputes and potential liability, you're not alone. Business conflict is time-consuming, expensive, and harmful. Which makes it essential to protect your work.
Protecting your business with clear and comprehensive contracts is non-negotiable. Whether you're starting out, shooting for free, or an experienced professional, legal protection is extremely important.
Every contract template we provide is easy to edit and should be tailored to reflect business policies and laws in your state.
While you can obtain a contract through a non-photographer lawyer, it may not be the best choice. Since our templates were created by—and for—photographers, they are typically more comprehensive. And cool news, they can save you money.
Lawyer-drafted. Photographer approved.
No recurring fees - just one time payment.
While TheLawTog is run by a lawyer, it is not a law firm and provides no legal services. All templates, courses and products are educational content only. Use of this website does not create a lawyer/client relationship.
All contracts are drafted on general contract principles for the United States of America. These contracts go through a multi-level review process with attorneys and photographers.
Each contract has fill-in-the-blank sections and allows for editing to suit your business policies + local state laws.